A Beary Good Hostel
A Very Cozy Hostel at Very Good Price
Located less than a minute’s walk from the Chinatown MRT (NE4/DT19) train station on Pagoda Street, a charming pedestrian street filled with shophouses, A Beary Good Hostel provides comfy beds and a friendly welcome.
Rates for a bunk start at US$16.
The hostel has a good reputation amongst long term travelers and those looking for a good deal. Groups often stay at the hostel, attracted by the sociable atmosphere. But whether you are here on your own or traveling with others, you’ll definitely feel part of the Beary crew.
If you want to see the sights, you can walk to Sri Mariamman Temple, the Chinatown Heritage Center and Red Dot Design Museum. Maxwell Food Center is the spot for great local food, with dishes costing less than $5. Try Tea Chapter teahouse on nearby Neil Road for an amazing cuppa.
A Beary Good Hostel Reviews
The majority of ratings on TripAdvisor give the hostel either 4 or 5 stars out of 5. In fact, many of the guests were so impressed that they wish they could have stayed longer, and plan to return.
- Right next to Chinatown MRT train station
- Comfy beds
- Staff are friendly and fun
- Free WiFi
- Luggage storage
- Endless supply of tea, coffee and hot chocolate
- Common room with TV, games console, music and a variety of books and magazines
- Doesn’t provide padlocks for lockers
- Bathrooms are a little snug
I never stay in dormitory hostel before..bu I am beary surprised when I arrived at beary hostel..so humble and most of all : the people are nice and helpful…
The location is very strategic, near the MRT station and mall.that make a lot easier to reach from Changi Airport..no need to take taxi or bus..just take the MRT singapore tourist pass and you can go around mostly Singapore. – Jayaslalu of Jakarta at TripAdvisor
You’d probably only be closer to the MRT station if you were literally on top of it. This walking street is filled with stalls selling souvenirs, and the small lanes off it sell a great variety of tasty snacks. There are plenty of well-priced restaurants nearby.
- 1-minute walk to Chinatown MRT train station
- Less than 15-minutes walk to Outram Park MRT (EW16/NE3) train station
- 3 MRT stops to the vibrant Little India
- 4 MRT stops to Orchard Road shopping strip
- 45-minutes train ride from Changi Airport
- Walking distance to famous Chinatown sights including Buddha Tooth Relic Temple
Why Stay at A Beary Good Hostel?
For those traveling on a budget but who aren’t willing to compromise, this hostel brings together the three most important things: location, price and atmosphere. Beary Good Hostel delivers that backpacker vibe so many people are looking for.
Not only is the place safe, with key card access to the main building and dorms, but the atmosphere is welcoming and the extras make this an easy place to stay, with free breakfast, hot drinks, local calls and WiFi. The hostel also has good deals on tickets for popular attractions, like the Singapore Zoo.
Make the most of the lack of curfew and head out to explore Singapore at night. Maxwell Food Center is open 24 hours and is perfect for a post-party plate of fragrant chicken rice. The nearby Club Street is a good spot for bars and restaurants.
Rates and Hostel Amenities
Rooms are unpretentious and the space is colorful. As well as a series of private and mixed dorms for 10 – 12 people, there is a cosy lounge with a Wii, books and TV and a kitchen with a toaster, kettle, fridge and microwave.
You will also find:
- Tasty free breakfast every day
- Free WiFi and laptops to borrow
- 24/7 reception and security, with no curfew
- Bathrooms with hot showers and hairdryers
- Washing machines and ironing facilities
- Individual reading lights and power points for every guest
- Large lockers and storage area
- Free local phone calls
Address: 66A and 66B Pagoda Street Singapore 059225
Contact Number: +65 6222 4955
Hotel Website: www.abearygoodhostel.com