Aliwal Park Hotel
Aliwal Park Hotel is a quaint budget hotel near Bugis that has a canopy-entrance modeled after European hotels.
Ensconced in Arab Street, an ethnic quarter, stepping out of Aliwal Park Hotel is like setting foot into a small Turkish town.
Price: US$70 per room night.
Aliwal Park Hotel Reviews
This review summary of Aliwal Park Hotel is gathered from recent TripAdvisor’s feedbacks by past staying guests.
- Newly renovated since July 2012
- Well-served by two MRT stations that are less than 10-minute by foot from hotel
- Surrounded by amenities like cafes, pubs, coffee shops and shopping centers
- Near to Queen Street Bus Terminal where cheap buses to Johor Bahru of Malaysia can be found
- Small room size is normally the main complaint here
- Basic amenities, so guests have to bring your own toiletries
- Complaints about poor noise insulation so it may be an issue with light sleepers
Refurbished rooms are quite acceptable with brand new air conditioners (which I’m very happy with), showers are clean, brand new toilet bowl (WC) and basin. The floor tiles installation were not so good, cement screed not properly done to provide gradient, causing slight ponding. Could be easily solved by installing a shower screen. Water pressure and temperature is good. Mirror and wall tiles looks old. Beds and sheets are clean. Location is quite good. Parking is free at night and on public holidays. Nearby a superb steamboat restaurant, just around the corner. – TripAdvisor
What to See, Eat and Shop near Aliwal Park Hotel?
Aliwal Park Hotel may not have big sprawling rooms but it more than make up for it with an abundance of things to see, do and eat near it. It is located near Bugis where many exciting shopping spots and activities await hotel guests.
Please visit the page “Places to Visit, Eat and Shop near Aliwal Park Hotel” for more travel tips.
Nearest MRT Train Stations
- Bugis MRT Station (EW12) – 8 minute walk from hotel
- Lavender MRT Station (EW11) – 8 minute walk from hotel
Guests arriving from Changi Airport will find it very easy to get to Aliwal Park Hotel. They just need to hop onto the train (Green Line) at the Changi Airport MRT (CG2) station and alight at Lavender MRT station.
The whole above-ground train journey lasts no more than 40-minute. The train ride with exciting views of Singapore can be a prelude to this famous city of Asia.
Wi-Fi broadband Internet access is available in all rooms (chargeable) while it’s FREE in the lobby.
- 24 hours block – SGD$10.00
Room Rates and Hotel Amenities
Each of the 54 rooms in the budget Aliwal Park Hotel comes with no-frills amenities like:
- LCD TV with Cable TV channels
- Tea / Coffee Making Facilities
- Complimentary Beverages
- Private Bathrooms
Hotel facilities include:
- Smoking Rooms (Upon Request)
- 24-Hours Reception
Why Stay at Aliwal Park Hotel
Aliwal Park Hotel is the perfect combination of cheap rooms and convenience. Rooms are affordable from just US$70 (Agoda.com or Booking.com) and it is highly accessible to most parts of Singapore from the nearby MRT stations.
Indeed a small price to pay if you are fine with staying in smaller guestrooms just for that few days.
Address: 77/79 Aliwal Street Singapore 199949
Contact number: +65 6293 9022