Hotel Royal @ Queens
Hotel Royal @ Queens is an understated contemporary-style hotel that is best described as a Value-For-Money business hotel.
Set in city center, the Bugis district where it’s a melting pot of modernity, history, arts and local culture.
Price: US$160 per room night.
Hotel Royal @ Queens Reviews
- Convenient location with just few steps from Bras Basah MRT Station
- Right smack in Bugis, a cultural (museums and temples) and shopping district
- Only 3 train stops from the famous Orchard Road shopping strip
- Easy access to food with plenty of coffee shops and cafes nearby
- Outdoor pool for a relaxing suntan session in sunny Singapore
- Some complaints on small room size and gym is too small
- Only higher level rooms offer a good city view of downtown Singapore
- Some guests had issues with cleanliness of the rooms
Nearest MRT Train Stations
- Bras Basah MRT Station (CC2) – 3 minute walk from hotel
- Bugis MRT Station (EW12) – 8 minute walk from hotel
Guests arriving from Changi Airport can hop onto the train (Green Line) at Changi Airport MRT Station (CG2) and alight at Bugis MRT Station before walking to Hotel Royal @ Queens. Entire train journey lasts no more than 40-minute.
Where to Eat and Shop?
Guests will be able to find some 24-hour convenience stores within short walking distance from Hotel Royal @ Queens.
Sim Lim Square is the place to go for electronics and computer stuff like laptops, game consoles, digital cameras, mobile phones and tablets. Just 10-minute by foot from hotel, it is a 6-storey complex filled with nothing but electronics shops. It’s highly recommended that you compare prices extensively here before buying.
For shopping mall experience with branded stores, one should try the Bugis Junction shopping center located on top of Bugis MRT station. The mall is famous for its unique glass-covered shopping streets. You can enjoy a side-walk coffee in cool air-conditioning comfort when you are tired from shopping.
The neighboring Bugis Street, largest street bazaar in Singapore is a favorite with teenagers looking for cheap Japanese and Korean fashion. The 600 over hole-in-wall stalls here (some as small as 100 sq. ft.) offers an eclectic mix of trendy clothing, shoes, mobile phones and accessories, and sex toys too!
As for food options, guests of Hotel Royal @ Queens will be spoiled for choice. There are quite a few coffee shops and a hawker center (Albert Food Center) nearby serving cheap and tasty local dishes like Chicken Rice, Laksa, Rojak and Char Kway Teow.
An abundance of cafes and restaurants can also be found in Bugis Junction and Bugis+ shopping malls. They are mostly targeted at young people and families hence prices are affordable and portions reasonable.
For religious landmarks, one can head towards the Kwan Im Thong Hood Cho Temple on Waterloo Street. It is one of the most revered Chinese temples dedicated to the Goddess of Mercy and just 5-minute walk from hotel.
The century old temple is perpetually crowded with locals and well-informed tourists every day because devotees believed that their prayers for first-born baby boy, good health and fortune will be answered.
You can take an easy 15-minute hike up to Fort Canning Park where it’s the only green park in Singapore with a World War 2 bunker. The Battle Box is an underground bunker built by the British and used during WW2 to defend Singapore. Now, it has become a heritage museum to re-enact the final days during the Battle of Singapore.
Other nearby places of interests that warrant a visit includes:
- National Museum of Singapore – 7 minute walk from hotel
- Singapore Art Museum – 2 minute walk from hotel
- National Library of Singapore – 5 minute walk from hotel
- St. Joseph’s Church – 3 minute walk from hotel
- Cathedral of the Good Shepherd – 5 minute walk from hotel
Wi-Fi and LAN broadband Internet access is available in all rooms.
- 1 hour block – SGD$6.40
- 6 hours block – SGD$10.70
- 24 hours block – SGD$21.40
Room Rates and Hotel Amenities
Each of the 223 rooms of Hotel Royal @ Queens is equipped with first class amenities like:
- LCD TV with Cable TV channels
- Complimentary Tea / Coffee Making Facilities
- Hair Dryer
- Laundry / Dry Cleaning Service
- Safe Deposit Box
Hotel facilities include:
- Tour Desk
- Business Center
- Meeting Rooms
- Foreign Exchange Service
- Outdoor Pool with Jacuzzi and Gym
- Pub and Lounge
- Keycard Access to Rooms and Elevators
Why Stay at Hotel Royal @ Queens
If convenient location is your first priority, then Hotel Royal @ Queens is your best choice as it is near to major shopping destinations like Orchard Road and Raffles City / Marina. Business travelers will also find it easy to get to central business districts from the two nearby MRT stations.
Address: 12 Queen Street Singapore 188553
Contact number: +65 6725 9988
Hotel Website: www.royalqueens.com.sg