The Sultan Hotel
The Sultan Hotel Singapore is a classic colonial-style hotel that exudes “Old Singapore” charm with its white-washed columns, Art-Deco arches and exquisite window lattices.
The Sultan Hotel blends in perfectly with the historical and charming ethnic Arab Quarters (Bugis district) that it is located in.
Price: US$120 per room night.
The Sultan Hotel Reviews
- Friendly and knowledgeable hotel staff
- Getting food is easy as it is close to many coffee shops, cafes and a few pubs
- Free Internet access in lobby (Wi-Fi) and rooms (wired and Wi-Fi)
- Espresso machine and iPod docking system in each room
- Excellent location in city center with 10-minute walk to a few MRT train stations
- As it is a boutique hotel, some guests complain on small room sizes
- Some guests find the Attic Room too small with no natural light
- Rooms near to main road or alfresco-bar could be a tad noisy for light sleepers
- Lack of swimming pool or gym
Great unique little hotel in a similarly unique area of Singapore. Great location a short walk away from the CBD. The rooms were a little small, but they were modern and comfortable.
Staff were nice and courteous. Good cocktails in the bar but couldn’t tell you how the food was. A good place to stay if you don’t want to be spending your time in the CBD and want to be enjoying the cultural aspects of Singapore. – TripAdvisor
What to See, Eat and Shop near The Sultan Hotel?
The Sultan Hotel Singapore is right smacked in the historic Arab Quarters of Singapore or also locally known as Kampong Glam. This area is lined with an eclectic array of hip cafes, indie designer boutiques, and traditional shops selling Persian carpets and handicrafts.
Please visit the page “Places to Visit, Eat and Shop near The Sultan Hotel” for more shopping and dining tips.
Nearest MRT Train Stations
- Lavender MRT Station (EW11) – 8 minute walk from Sultan Hotel
- Nicoll Highway MRT Station (CC5) – 10 minute walk from Sultan Hotel (via overhead bridge)
For budget travelers or guests who wish to see more of Singapore, taking the above ground MRT train ride from Changi Airport to Sultan Hotel is a good option.
Just hop onto the train at Changi Airport MRT Station and take the East-West line to Lavender MRT Station. The whole above-ground train journey lasts no more than 40-minute.
Free Internet access is available in all rooms (Wi-Fi and wired) and the lobby (Wi-Fi).
Room Rates and Hotel Amenities
Each of the 64 rooms in the boutique Sultan Hotel comes with premium amenities like:
- Full-HD LCD TV with Cable TV channels
- Espresso Machine
- iPod Docking System with Radio and Alarm Functions
- Hair Dryer
- Private Bathrooms
- Individually Controller Air-conditioning
Hotel facilities include:
- Private Meeting Space
- Business Center
- Airport Transfer
- Tour Desk
- Restaurant and Bar
Why Stay at The Sultan Hotel
The Sultan Hotel is a rare boutique hotel located right at the city center in Bugis district. It offers great convenience with nearby MRT stations to bring guests to places like the Central Business District and Marina Bay area in Singapore.
Set in a row of conserved shop houses with “Old Singapore” architecture, it offers an unique hotel experience that can’t be found anywhere else. Each guestroom is also uniquely decorated so no room look alike and is definitely cozy enough for extended stays.
Address: 101 Jalan Sultan #01-01 Singapore 199002
Contact number: +65 6723 7101
Hotel Website: www.thesultan.com.sg