Have a Few Good Winks Here
This sleek and shiny modern hostel hides behind a traditional facade on Chinatown’s bustling Mosque Street, close to sights and decent dining spots, with excellent rates for a private sleeping pod starting at just US$35.
The hotel is popular with solo travelers and couples. It’s more luxurious than your average hostel, catering for those who want a high tech, smart stay but don’t want to spend a fortune. Wink’s pod dorms offer a little more privacy than standard options.
Foodies are sure to love this area, as there is a wide range of eating places that you can get to on foot. On nearby Smith Street, there is the Chinatown Food Street that serves the best of Singapore’s street hawker food from noon till evening daily. For 24/7 cheap eats, head over to Maxwell Food Center.
Wink Hostel Reviews
- Pod accommodation offers privacy
- Soft beds with high thread count sheets
- Close to Chinatown MRT (NE4/DT19) train station
- Generous breakfasts
- Luggage storage
- Spacious lockers with keycard access
- Large lounge with computer corner
- Free shuttle to Sentosa
- Most people staying here enjoy being up and about by 9am
- No air-conditioning in public spaces
I stayed at Wink Hostel during the Chinese new year and it was a blast! You can see every thing just a few steps from the hostel namely souvenir shops, temples, hawker centers and the Chinatown MRT.
The staff were all accommodating and the hostel was clean. The rooms were designed well since it feels like your in a dormitory but when you go inside your pod, you have your own private space. The communal bathrooms and kitchen were often kept clean.
In addition, the wifi and light breakfast were good enough to keep everyone happy. – Janina_Lopez of Philippines at TripAdvisor
Wink Hostel’s Chinatown location means you can explore sights, get a bowl of noodles for under $5 and browse the quirky malls and stalls in the neighbourhood without using public transport. But if you want to go further then:
- Chinatown MRT station is less than 3-minute walk away
- 15-minute walk to the funky restaurants and cool bars of Clarke Quay
- 45-minute and 2 line changes from Changi Airport
- 3 MRT stops from Little India
- 3 MRT stops from Marina Bay Sands
- Walking distance to Chinatown’s most popular sites
Why Stay at Wink Hostel?
Wink hostel is an attractive, clean, well-maintained place to stay. With a 24 hour reception, kitchenette and laundry as well as a café, the facilities are excellent. The pods are cool too, offering privacy on a budget.
There is so much to see nearby, and plenty of culture to soak up. Shopping wise, Pagoda Street is excellent for souvenirs and Chinese trinkets, or try People’s Park Complex for a range of discounted goods, from clothing to second hand watches.
Enjoy tea at the pretty Tea Chapter on Neil Road and Tian Tian Hainanese chicken rice at the Maxwell Food Center.
Nearby evening spots include some fab bars and restaurants on Ann Siang Road and Club Street. Check out Bartini, a tiny venue with great happy hours and a Wednesday ladies night. 15 minutes’ walk and you can explore well-known Clarke Quay with its cool pubs and lounges.
Rates and Hostel Amenities
Wink Hostel is going for a minimal chic look, with polished concrete floors and plenty of white. The colourful neon adds playfulness to the space and everything is well-equipped, from the pods to the public areas.
- 24/7 reception for safety and a warm welcome
- Free WiFi
- Kitchen and Laundry
- Cafe with snacks and good coffee
- Rain showers in washrooms
- Lounge with TV, DVDs and an eclectic library
- Individual lights in pods
- Your own power socket
- Smartcard access lockers
- Couples pod
Address: 8A Mosque Street Chinatown Singapore 059488
Contact Number: +65 6222 2940
Hotel Website: www.winkhostel.com